Management Skills Questionnaire
Send this survey to your peers to get their feedback for your performance.
- Fill out this survey yourself as a self-reflection exercise.
- Send the questionnaire to your own manager for them to fill out about you.
- Ask them to copy the link with the results and send it to you.
- Compare the results yourself to see where your thoughts differ and talk to them about where you need to improve.
- For example: John, I see you marked me down as 'Very poor' in the area of demonstrating empathy. I always thought I was strong there. Can we talk about that?
Tips for reinforcing good behaviours
Give examples with EARS: Event, Action, Results, Show appreciation
- Event: You helped me with my report when I had to rush to the meeting yesterday.
- Action: I appreciate you delivering the report to Sue on my behalf and spending time answering her questions.
- Result: She called me back and said she was really impressed with our responsiveness and your expertise of the project.
- Show appreciation: You demonstrated excellent teamwork + professionalism. Keep it up!
Tips for redirecting towards better behaviours
Give examples with EARS: Event, Action, Results, Suggestion
- Event: A customer complained about the service he received from you yesterday.
- Action: He said that you interrupted him before he finished, stating that his service was the standard of the company policy without spending the time to listen to him.
- Result: He seemed quite upset with the way you responded to him.
- Suggestion: Next time, it would be great if you listened to the customer's concerns first before responding.